Saturday, 12 April 2014

#Lifestyle Extras - "I'm Sick" Edition

12/04/2014


Achoo!  This week as mentioned in my previous post #Autumn Warmers has been a week of dry skin, sniffles and warm clothing.  Here in Christchurch it has been a pretty cold week so I have been loving curling up on the couch with a warm blanket, a good cup of tea and scrolling through my fave blogs and watching some great movies.  So here are just a few of my picks for when I'm sick.

A nice cup of Earl Grey:  this is an aromatic tea with a strong but not overpowering flavour, perfecto.
To stay hydrated I been chugging back tea and water.  Too liven up the water I packed it full of lemons and limes, a great way to get some extra vitamins and 'spice' up the blandness.

How cute is this bottle

I have also been loving porridge, yes that's right porridge.  Lol, when i'm sick I either don't want to eat or want something hearty and warming and porridge has been the answer this week.  I cover it in brown sugar and usually some bananas (that makes it healthy right lol).  Its quick, easy to make and uses hardly any dishes, perfect for a quick dinner or snack after a long day at work.


To combat the dryness in my skin, in particular my hands I have been loving my Delight - hand and body by Antiopodes.  I get really dry hands when I'm sick and in general they can be quite dry as i use a lot of hand sanitizer at work.  This product sinks in quickly and nourishes the skin.  It has helped keep my hand moisturised and smooth all week, I apply it in the morning and night! Love this product and bonus: the smell is... well.. delightful :P  I have also loved my Origins Drink Up Intensive Overngiht Mask, it has kept my skin supple and brightened and help to sooth my irritated skin around my nose.  It takes awhile to fully sink in but when it dones my skin feels instantly better, less tight and more calm.  Also for an honorable mention I loved my Glamglow Eye Treatmant, I wouldn't say this is a must have product but it has helped keep those dark under-eye circles, caused by sleepless nights at bay.


EXTRAS!!
Been loving this infinity scarf this week! The colour is instantly uplifting and is so warm and cozy, excuse the blemish it's a no makeup day today.  I have also loved chucking my hair into to quick plated pig tails for effortless waves for the next day/night

These beauts have added warmth and colour back into my face,  helping me look less dead lol.


Would you like a review on the Glam Glow Eye Treatment?


Thank you for reading & make sure to follow Sweetsomethings in the sidebar!
-Rachill

PS still to come this week are my lip picks of the mo and my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Review



               (c)All pictures and posts/opinions belong to SweetsomethingsNZ 8th April, 2014




SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig