Sunday, 18 May 2014

For all the 'Lip Addicts'

Image
When I saw this TAG I knew I HAD to do it!!  I am a total lip junkie and was super excited to go through my pretty big lipstick collection and find some stand out colours.  I haven’t covered all my favourite colours, nor all my favourite brands but I got to find some gems and am excited to share.



Image
1. Favourite balm/treatment?
When it comes to lip treatments there is one thing that’s comes to mind straight away and that’s the Lucas Pawpaw Ointment!  This is an amazing treatment that I can count on when my lips need some help.  Whether dry, peeling or saw from a long day of wearing a matte lip, I know I can count on this product to fix my lips!  I also really love the By Terry - Baume De Rose.

Image
2. Best eye-catching red?
Red lipstick was the first lipstick/lip colour I ever owned.  I was super into matte skin, a bold red lip and dark eyes when I first got into makeup but as my tastes evolved and my skills increased I found myself moving away from reds, so this was pretty challenging for me.  When I looked into my collection   I was actually surprised at how many reds I had, so I got to swatching and found my current fave.  It’s an orange based, matte lipstick (my fave finish for reds), long lasting and not overly drying.  I also think this red helps keep me looking young and fresh.  What is this eye-catching colour?  The Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Striking.
Image
 3. Best luxury & best drugstore?
Currently my favourite luxury brand is YSL, particularly the Rogue Volupte Lipsticks.  I find these lipsticks to be opaque, buildable and feel beautiful on the lips, while not the longest wearing they are stunning and I definitely have my eye on a few more colours.  I would also like to try the Sheer Candy’s.  My favourite cheaper lipstick (we don’t call lower end drugstore in NZ) was a little trickier as I have a few that I love!  But I had to go with my current loves and that is the Milani Colour Statement Lipsticks.  I have 12 shades and love them all equally!  This line of lipsticks is full of dupes for MAC etc, wear really well on the lip and apply stunningly for a $6.00 lipstick.  You can expect a full review coming your way soon regarding these beauts!!

Image
4. Best MAC lipstick?
MAC lipsticks have a place near and dear to my heart.  MAC was the first “high-end” or higher end makeup I ever owned and there lipsticks kinda started my makeup addiction.  My first 2 colours were Candy Yum-Yum and Russian Red and although amazing in their own right they aren't my favourite.  Rebel is the one for me!  Dark sultry berry tones, paired with a sweet, girly pink hue, this lipstick is an absolute love of mine and I wear it year round!  It is a long wearing, bold lipstick and is just darn right spectacular.
Image
Sleek-Baby Doll, Maybelline-On the Mauve 445
 5. The most disappointing?
 I have to say that this category is a little tricky because if I’m not impressed with a lip product I chuck it.  So when looking in my collection there were only 2 that I really don’t like and don’t wear (unless used for ombre etc).  Now I do really like the formulas of these lipsticks but the colours are just off and look really, really bad on me, so it’s my fault :p 
Image
6. Liner - yes or no?
Liner, yes or no? I have to say I’m on the fence with this one. I only own 2 liners and I rarely use them but when I do, I love the result……so I guess no if I had to choose an answer.  
Image
7. Best gloss?
I don’t wear gloss so I decided to add a stain, that’s not cheating right lol.  This is the L'Oreal Shine Caresse in Romy.  This shine/stain isn't all that pigmented but does add a subtle sheen to the lips, prefect on its own or paired with a pink or nude lip.
Image
8. Something extra!
The Dior Lip Glow Colour Review Balm is STUNNING and is my pick for this question! I have the colour 4 – Coral and it’s just, ugh stunning haha. I have only recently got it and it was a pricey one ($55NZ), so I was really hoping it would live up to the hype and it really does! I love it! On my lips I get a gorgeous pinky coral (more on the pink tones), that’s makes my lips look plump and juicy. Love at first swipe. 

If you decide to do this tag link it in the comments below, I would love to see your picks.
Thank you for reading & make sure to follow Sweetsomethings in the sidebar!
-Rachill

(c)All pictures and posts/opinions belong to SweetsomethingsNZ 18th May, 2014
SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig