Wednesday, 12 November 2014

A little Mac never hurt anyone

Hi Sweets,
Sooo.... lets go back a few months ago when I said I was on a spending ban.  I might have well just handed my money straight over to every makeup counter, or online store!!  Needless to say I didn't do as well as I thought I would, so to drown my sorrows and make myself feel better about not spending money, naturally I went and spent some more....  Beauty addict logic, isn't so logical.



As I write this post there is a box, that's right a box (not a small one I might add) fill with beautiful, shiny new makeup that probably shouldn't be in said box, but rather in their natural habit - the makeup store counter.  Some how they made their way to me and I'm ok with that haha.  So lets enjoy a little Mac haul.
Peach Blossom (Cremesheen):  This is a beautiful peachy, rose pink that is so fresh and feminine.  Peach Blossom has a buildable opacity, is light weight on the lips and has a lovely creamy-shine like finish, it reminds me more of a lustre lipstick from Mac.  This lipstick is perfect for spring and acts as a wonderful nude lip, great for smoky eyes or simple on the go looks.

Groundwork (Pro longwear paint pot):  This was a love at first swatch kinda product with me and has been on my 'get this already' list for awhile now.  Groundwork is a warm brown with taupe undertones, a stunningly contradictory colour. It also has a slight sheen, kind of like an almost demi-matte colour.  This is a great base for smoky eyes and blends like a dream.  I feel I can get a subtle,  yet very sophisticated eye look with Groundwork alone and when used as a base it really helps the colours pop.

Gentrified (Fluidline - Heirloom collection):  Wow!  This is stunner, a super blendable, smooth, gel texture, with a cool toned purple base and fine bronzy/gold shimmer mixed within.  This is my first Fluidline from Mac and although I am not blown away with the product as a gel liner, I love it as an eye shadow base.  Because of it's long wearing nature it holds eye shadow well, doesn't crease or stop the shadow from being blended and adds a lovely sheen to matte shadows.  I did try to use this as a liner, but I found I had to do too many layers to get the colour payoff/impact I would want.  As a base Gentrified acts as a beautiful cream shadow and that is my preferred way to use this.

That's it for now, I do have a post coming up from the Mac Keepsakes collection, Dior's Golden Shock collection and that fave blush I mentioned last week.  Have you been trying anything new lately?  Or used any of these products, what are your thoughts?  I hope your week is going well and I will talk to soon.
 
As always thanks for stopping by, please follow my blog using tab on the left if you like, I would love you to join the Sweet family  ;)
-Thanks, Rachill
 
 
(C) ALL PICTURES/POSTS BELONG TO SWEETSOMETHINGSNZ and should not be used unless permitted. 2014
 
SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig