Friday, 7 November 2014

Revlon ColourStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion

Hi Sweets, 
Who doesn’t love a new lip launch??  Well we all know I do and when the Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stains started appearing in reviews I was instantly interested.  My initial thoughts (before seeing them in store and being able to swatch etc) were the packaging looked really attractive and the shade selection was excellent.  The only thing I wasn’t too sure on was whether the Moisture Stains would be too gloss-like for me.   



The Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stains, came out a few months ago and at $30NZ, I thought it was best just to try one to see if I would like them and the shade I was drawn to the most was 005 – Parisian PassionParisian Passion is a lovely deep raspberry/berry shade, a perfect colour that for me is something that I wear year round.  Upon initial application the colour appears sheer, but can be built up into a lovely, striking colour that is true to the tube.

The wand, oh the glorious wand!!  This product has a few short comings but for me the applicator is one of its saving graces.  The wand allows for a precise application, which glides softly over the lips, with no tugging and can get into those nooks and crannies, such as the cupids bow.  However, the formula, despite this wonderful wand still applies streaky.  To avoid this I just apply a nice thin layer, give it a sec to settle and then do another coat for a ‘no patchy’ look (my preferred finish :P).  Overall the packaging is really sleek and feels nice, quite reminiscent of high-end packaging and like said, they have a wide doe-foot applicator which I really like.

When I first wore Parisian Passion I was dreading the feeling of a gloopy, sticky, thick texture but was pleasantly surprised.  The Moisture Stains formula, is light weight and has a thin gel-like texture, which I really enjoyed, not too wet and not too dry.  This lip product is made with aloe and Vitamin E, which is fitting as the name is Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain, so it has a nice comfortable, non-drying consistency.   And once again the name is fitting as it also provides a pigmented berry colour and leaves your lips drenched with an opaque glossy shade and subtle stain as the product settles and wears off.  After all that gushing is there anything wrong with this?  Well kinda, the product’s gloss/sheen doesn’t last all that long and therefore goes from a high shine to a more demi-matte finish and needs to be reapplied to keep the intensity of the colour and the smell…  What can I liken the smell too?  It has a subtle yet real vodka, white spirit smell and although it doesn’t linger it certainly isn’t appealing.

So Sweets, I’m torn!  The real con of this product is that it doesn’t preform like its other counter parts, think Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, as it is a lot more high maintenance and the application process can get a little streaky and if you aren't armed with a mirror and some persistence.  However, the formula although patchy can easily be built up to a lovely opaque colour if you pat on thin layers, ensuring you wait a few seconds between each layer and the wand is fab.  What is more, the Moisture Stain wears off really gracefully and the colour selection is amazing!!

Have you tried any of the Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain shades? Do you have a favourite? How does it wear for you? Am I they only one that still can’t decide?  

As always thanks for stopping by, please follow my blog using tab on the left if you like, I would love you to join the Sweet family  ;)
-Thanks, Rachill

(C) ALL PICTURES/POSTS BELONG TO SWEETSOMETHINGSNZ and should not be used unless permitted. 2014

SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig