Monday, 12 January 2015

Charlotte Tilbury - a haul

Hi Sweets, 
Two words - Charlotte Tilbury...  

Do I even need to say more?  With countless bloggers, vloggers and articles in magazines show casing her delicious makeup brand how could I resist?  The answer simply is that I couldn't!  Each review I read has been nothing short of amazing and with Christmas coming, I saved a few pennies (after spoiling my lovely family and outrageously gorgeous nieces and nephews) and did a little damage.

Filmstar Bronze and Glow-Face Sculpt & Highlight:  Boy, was I late on the bandwagon for this product!  It has to be hands down one of the most beautifully packaged compacts I have had the pleasure of owning!  I wont go to much into this little beaut, as I will be featuring it next week but this sculpt and highlight duo is a wonderfully natural product that defines the face superbly.  
Luxury palette eyeshadow quad-The Dolce Vita:  Of all the palettes available in the luxury palette line, The Dolce Vita interested me the most.  With its rich warm tones and 'marsala' like tendencies I knew I would love these colours.  The shadows are a nice quality, are smooth and bendable and each shade is complementary to other.  Dolce Vita's shades are incredibly easy to wear and can be amped up for night.  The base/prime shade is a lovely satin champagne with slight pink undertones, the enhancer is a rich brown copper and to me is the star of the show!  Next up we have a we have the smoke, a chocolate brown, bronzey shade that really plays off the warmer tones of the prime and enhance shadows.  Lastly we have the sparkly dazzle topper or pop, which is a gold glitter with flattering bronze and copper glitters pressed within.  I didn't find these shadows to be crazy pigmented, rather they built into more opaque shadows as you enhanced and defined the eye.
Kissing Lipstick-Bitch Perfect:  The Bitch (whoever she is) aint lying!  This has to be one of my top lipsticks of all time, the colour alone is out of this world and to make things all the more tempting the formula is great.  Bitch perfect is the perfect mix of muted corals and light pinky brown undertones.  It has a creamy finish and smells like vanilla (quite like MAC).  The formula is smooth and applies opaque after 2 passes and is hydrating throughout wear.  It has quite good longevity on the lips, lasting roughly 3 hours before fading or reapplication.  On that note, Miss Bitch reapplies with ease and provides a luminous sheen to the lips.
Kissing fallen from the lipstick tree-mini lipstick charms:  These were a sweet idea but very misleading in size.  I am happy to have had the opportunity to try 2/3 new shades but the price and amount of product is really out of proportion.  On the plus side, the quality of both the packaging and lipstick itself is on par with their full size amigos.
Marilyn - a true pin-up red, that fades graciously and leaves a subtle stain
Bitch perfect - see above
Penelope pink -  another absolute fave, that I will be getting the full size of.  Penelope is a true nude shade, with warm beige/brown tones.

If you have been humming and harring over this beauty line, it really is worth the hype.  The price tag is a little steep (depending where in the world you are and how much you typically like to pay for makeup) but is justified with its STUNNING retro, rose gold packaging and luxury presentation and lets not forget to mention the fantastic quality of each product.

I will definitely be purchasing some more CT, so if you have any recommendations please let me know :)








SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig