Monday, 18 May 2015

A night at the theatre

Hi Sweets, 
There is nothing like a night out at the theatre.  A month ago I went and saw the Phantom of The Opera!  It was amazing, the acting was superb and the singing was out of this world and the costumes were beautiful!  I was lucky enough to snag some really good seats (dropped a pretty penny for them) and thankfully had some wonderful company, who like me, is a bit of a theatre addict!  The curtains pulled back the opening scene started and I was whisked away to a wonderful world of opulence, intrigue, betrayal, love and passion!  The entire experience was breath-taking and as we left the theatre we both had one of those big ‘just been to the theatre and it was mind-blowing’ happy grins on our faces.

 “Close your eyes and let music set you free”

For me the theatre is a happy excuse to take some extra time to dress up and use some of my favourite makeup and accessories.  It’s a joy to pick an outfit, shop my makeup stash and raid my ‘why aren’t you using me’ pile.  When going to theatre I definitely have some tips, wear something that is equally comfortable as it is charming, use a base that is long lasting and doesn’t need touch ups and mascara you can trust wont crust or smudge. 

The Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet, is a beautiful base that is a water-based foundation so I like to use the Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this and I can build this up to a medium coverage by applying an extra a dot of foundation where needed.  It blends really well and dries with a very silky feeling on the skin and has good longevity, hence why it’s perfect for a night out.  To freshen up my complexion and a soft touch of coral, I went with the wonderful Jouer Mineral powder blush in Blossom.  I have raved about this blush before (see here) and I can always rely on this when I want to add a touch of colour to the cheeks, that is both natural looking and fresh. To carry on with this natural yet put together ‘feel’ I busted out the big guns, my MAC Cinderella palette (quarry in the crease, satin taupe on the lid, phloof in the inner corner and stroke of midnight on the lower lash line) and to add some volume a few thousand coats of Kat Von D’s Sin-full lash mascara and the Mecca Cosmetica lashes in volume which adds… volume.  Lastly, I used one of my favourite nude lipsticks which is Dior’s – Diorific lipstick in 001: Delicate Shock.  Add a spritz of Jo Malone’s – White Jasmine and Mint and your set!


Have you been to the theatre recently?  What have you seen?  What are some of your ‘go to’ products when you hit theatre? 
SHARE:
© sweetsomethingsnz. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig